BSidesIowa 2013 (2.0)
Let’s reboot this thing, and do it again……
When I first sat out to bring a solid security conference into Iowa, my two main goals around it:
- Would bring speakers from outside of Iowa that would provide knowledgeable, and entertaining presentations as well as local talent that were either new to presenting or had limited funds to get to a bigger security conference.
- Would allow us to showcase the technology offerings that Iowa had for the Information Security programs, and help showcase some of the students involved in these programs. Give them a chance to network with industry peers and potential employers.
After last year I am proud to say we have made some advancement in reaching these goals. The caliber of speakers we had last year was incredible for a first year event, and when you consider that the organizer had no clue what he was doing, I think we did well.
This year things are going to be stepped up again, and we are going to make this better than last year.
Here are the details that you have been waiting for:
- April 6th and 7th
- University of Dubuque, Dubuque Iowa
- 3 Tracks
- Geared toward new speakers, in the Midwest.
- Will have a mentor to help with presentation
- Can be as short as 15 min
- Sessions are 55 mins long, with will include a Q/A session
- CFP will be opened in the next few weeks
- Sessions are held on Saturday
- Sunday will have a 3-4 hour training workshop
- Metasploit – Confirmed
- Working on a few more
- Will be working with Sponsors for a job fair for prospective employees
- Lockpicking Village
As always we are looking for sponsors willing to make this a success. If you or your company is interested in sponsoring or volunteering please let us know.
Bsidesiowa - @ - gmail.com